Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sweet 16!














I love looking at paper and imagining the sheet fashioned into an envelope or playing the starring role in one of my cards. When I picked up the sheet of paper with the shiny brown background, and the foreground strewn with balloons, I knew I would use it for a special card. I scoured the shelves in Michaels but it was the only sheet like it.
I was really touched when I received the call from a lovely young lady inviting me and my sons to her sweet 16 party. Imara is a special to us and therefore deserved a very special card. I knew I had the perfect sheet of paper to fit the bill. Once again I used my Accucut Grandmark machine and dies, vellum, Bazzill cardstock, a purchased die cut balloon, some ink and rubber stamps to create a card befitting a 16 year old.
I told Imara her card was truly bespoke because even if I used the same design for future cards they would never be made with that paper. She said that made her feel special and that made me feel sooooo happy to be able to do that with one of my cards!

No comments: